GeForceMS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the GeForceMS Forums! Enjoy your stay here! ~ Kaabii

A new source has been implemented, and we're just trying it out!

4 posters

Lonewolf's GM App

Lonewolf
    Lonewolf

Lonewolf's GM App Empty Lonewolf's GM App

Post  Lonewolf Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:17 pm

Name: Aaron [Nicknamed Lonewolf]

What's your standard time (Ex: -6:00 CMT) : Pacific Standard Time [PST]

How long are you online per day? : While it's still summer, I can be on a few hours a day. When school starts, I'll only be on during the weekends, but I'll stay active on the forums every day.

How long have you played Maplestory? : For about 3 years.

Have you ever been a GM? : Yes, on 2 servers. One which my friend made [now closed], and one that my other friend and I created. For some "proof" we have a few websites: http://haggardms.forumotion.com , http://haggard-ms.webs.com , and a couple others which I don't feel like looking up. So long story short, I do have experience.

If you have, list the server names and version (55 or 62): First server was called GamePlayaMS [v.55 + v.60] - (my friend experimented with v.60 while everybody else was doing v.55) ; [URL= http://gpms.110mb.com ] - my friend left a nice little note when he shut down everything (went to college). The other server (obviously) was called HaggardMS [v.55] (named by my friend). We created our own banners and whatnot, but our host just gave up randomly one day... never trust 14 year olds, unless you're 14, in which case I have to say holy crap you're the smartest 14 yr old I've ever met if you can do all of this.

How can you contribute to the server? : Well it depends on what job I'm given. I could help you code new features if you choose to make me an assistant coder. If I'm made a GameMaster, I will need a short list of what I am or am not allowed to do. If you want me to get to know the server before making me part of your staff, then I'll mess around until I feel comfortable with questions about the server (questions newcomers ask). As mentioned before, I've co-owned a server before, so I have a decent idea on what kind of requirements you have for your players and mods.

What good qualities do you have? : Personality-wise, I get along with most people, as long as they're respectful to others. That's where my Admin "reflexes" kick in, because disobeying given rules is disrespectful, and no Moderator should tolerate that, right? However, different "crimes" call for different punishments, so that's also up to you, since it is your server. Anyways, I guess you want me to tell you about myself, so here: I'm 16 and I live in San Diego, CA. I like to golf, fight (ultimate fighting), and run. When I graduate from high school in 2 years, I plan on joining the Marine Corps, but don't stereotype me as a hardcore military guy, like most people assume. Nevertheless, that's my short introduction.

How many GM commands do you know? : Personally, I think this question isn't an accurate way to determine experience as a GM, since anybody can go to google, search for a GM command book, download it, then copy and paste here. All I'm going to say is that I know the ones that I used when I owned/ran my previous servers. If you have different commands, though, I can just as easily learn them. To be honest, I hate when people say they know commands, but don't. I set a player's GM level to 3 for a few minutes, and right away he said "!summon zakum". He had said before that he knew every command, and I immediately banned him for 24 hours just because he deceived me into letting an idiot be a GM. So anyways, I know where you're coming from.

Anything else you would like to add? : From what you can tell in this application, hopefully you have deduced that I am a knowledgeable guy, and I can follow simple instructions (as well as give them out, when given permission to). If made part of your staff, I will maintain the chain of command as best to my abilities. Just let me know what else you want before making your decision.

Thanks for reading my long application. I hope it's sufficient information.

Aaron

Last edited by Lonewolf on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Change
    Change

Lonewolf's GM App Empty Re: Lonewolf's GM App

Post  Change Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:46 pm

Wow, You blew my socks off. Your post is uterly amazing if i were up to it i'd make you a gm. Grats you earned my respect

-steve
    Luna
    Luna
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Luna Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:23 am

It's a good application.
    GmShadowZ
    GmShadowZ
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post  GmShadowZ Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:32 pm

Howe Much hours are you online ?
    5 hours ?
    2 hours ?

Weekend ; ?
    School: ?
    Lonewolf
    Lonewolf

Post  Lonewolf Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:02 pm

Change and Luna: Thanks

GmShadowZ: This past school year I had to take 2 incompletes, so I'm finishing up the work over summer. I'll be working a lot for the next 2 weeks before school starts, but I'll still be able to come online at least 3 hours per day, just during night. However, if I can get a lot of work done in the next few days, next week I'll be able to get on a bit more.

I start school on the 20th, but for now I'll be on for around 5 hours during the weekends, 3 hours during the weekdays.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:24 am